Setup Komodo with Go

Komodo IDE looks great but I needed to explicitly setup some stuff to make if work with Go. I believe these settings are necessary because Komodo cannot read my GOPATH definition which was done in ~/.bash_profile. Also because I didn't define GOBIN as it is not mandatory. Hence various tools are not found :(
  • Add GOPATH environment variable

    echo $GOPATH
    
    /Users/ignacio/Documents/goworkspace
    
  • Set godef and gocode

    # Install godef and gocode if needed
    go get -v github.com/rogpeppe/godef
    go get -u github.com/nsf/gocode
    
    • I realised that it has been a couple of months I didn't update anything. brew update; brew upgrade gave me go 1.5.1 so I had to re-compile godef again:
      cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/rogpeppe/godef
      go clean -r -i
      go install -v
      
    Now we can add their paths to Komodo. If go binary is not in the $PATH you can set up manually too but it should be. Their location are ${GOPATH}/bin/godef and ${GOPATH}/bin/gocode
Now restart Komodo :)

0 comments :

This work is licensed under BSD Zero Clause License | nacho4d ®