NSWindow private methods

So, this week I tried Lion almost for the first time, is getting really cool :)

My motivation to do this is because I want to make my non-standard window enter fullscreen (although now I now this is not the way of doing it) it was interesting. So in OSX 10.6 and earlier NSWindow has: performZoom:, performMiniaturize:, performClose:, etc. So I thought there should be something like:performFullscreen: No?

I dug into 10.7 SDK documentation hoping to find something. Unfortunately no, there seems to be no new things in NSWindow?, at least not that I have noticed. Weird... Maybe I am not looking at the correct docs?

I just thought of this:
#import <objc/runtime.h>

unsigned int methodCount = 0;
Method *mlist = class_copyMethodList([NSWindow class], &methodCount);
for (int i = 0; i < methodCount; ++i){
    NSLog(@"%@", NSStringFromSelector(method_getName(mlist[i])));
}
which will print a list of all methods implemented by NSWindow and it worked! I got the whole list. Including the private methods :)

These Objective-C runtime functions must be the Swiss knife of cocoa-hackers. I still have to try this in 10.7 but This is definitely a good start.

PS: Off-course there was no performFullscreen: method. Later I realized that toggleFullScreen: will do the job :)

0 comments :

This work is licensed under BSD Zero Clause License | nacho4d ®