scrollViewDidEndScrolling ?

Last time I tried this I think it was in iOS2.x, 3.x ... so instead of looking for an old code I decided to implement this again. I want to know when the text view did end scrolling. I mean when the text end moving (regardless regular dragging or drag + deceleration).


First I created my regular UITextView, set the delegate and implemented the delegate methods:
- (void)scrollViewWillBeginDragging:(UIScrollView *)scrollView
{
    if (scrollView.isDecelerating) {
    NSLog(@" ... restarting");
    } else {
    NSLog(@"Scroll will begin");
    }
}

- (void)scrollViewWillEndDragging:(UIScrollView *)scrollView withVelocity:(CGPoint)velocity targetContentOffset:(CGPoint *)targetContentOffset
{
    NSLog(@"will end dragging: velocity: %f", velocity.y);
}

- (void)scrollViewDidEndDragging:(UIScrollView *)scrollView willDecelerate:(BOOL)decelerate
{
    if (decelerate) {
    } else {
        NSLog(@"Scroll did end (Dragging)");
    }
}

- (void)scrollViewDidEndDecelerating:(UIScrollView *)scrollView
{
    NSLog(@"Scroll did end (Decelerating)");
}

So if I ...

scroll without deceleration I get:

Scroll will begin
will end dragging: velocity: 0.000000
Scroll did end (Dragging)


scroll with deceleration I get:

Scroll will begin
will end dragging: velocity: 0.321089
Scroll did end (Decelerating)


start scrolling with deceleration and while its decelerating do another scrolling without deceleration I get:

Scroll will begin
will end dragging: velocity: 1.094134
... restarting
will end dragging: velocity: 0.000000
Scroll did end (Dragging)


start scrolling with desceleration and while its decelerating do another scrolling with deceleration I get:

Scroll will begin
will end dragging: velocity: 1.995404
... restarting
will end dragging: velocity: 0.442658
Scroll did end (Decelerating)


Everything goes as expected :)


Why do I need scrollViewWillEndDragging:withVelocity:targetContentOffset: ?. This is my little finding: If that method is **not** implement and then I ...

start scrolling with deceleration and while its decelerating do another scrolling without deceleration I get :

Scroll will begin
will end dragging: velocity: 1.094134
... restarting
will end dragging: velocity: 0.000000
Scroll did end (Dragging)
Scroll did end (Decelerating)

Huh?? The textview ended dragging and just after decelerating? Did I find a bug?
So, in order to get notified only once when the text did end scrolling I need to implement scrollViewWillEndDragging:withVelocity:targetContentOffset: ?? ??
I hope I am not missing something.


In the mean time I uploaded a sample project that show the issue here.

0 comments :

This work is licensed under BSD Zero Clause License | nacho4d ®